It’s the new year. Have you made a New Year’s resolution to lose weight?
The best way to lose weight is through a program that overcomes your weight loss resistance, like our Optimal Body Balance program. try a naturopath
But if you need to lose weight quickly – perhaps for an upcoming wedding, a post-holiday office party, or even a winter trip to the tropics – there is a healthy way to slim down.
Okay, the quick fix. Here are the 5 ways to knock off pounds in five days, all tied to “gut dysbiosis”. Gut dysbiosis refers to microbial imbalances in your GI tract which can lead to improper digestion and absorption of nutrients:
1. Stop all carbonated beverages and gum. All carbonated beverages? Meaning Coke, Diet Coke, Seltzer…everything. Yes. If it bubbles, it’s out.
2. Two meal replacement shakes per day. One of our weight-loss secrets is the meal replacement shake. For the five-day run, replace 2 meals per day with 2 shakes. Normally, we only recommend one shake per day, but it’s okay for the 5-day stretch. It will help with digestion and reduce your belly.
3. Say sayonara to the seven most common food allergies. Okay, first the bad news. Wheat, dairy, soy, peanuts, sugar, corn and eggs are the seven most common causes of food allergies. You’ll need to cut them out for five days. The good news? We’ve got plenty of delicious recipes to help you through it.
4. Water, pure water. Belly up to the water cooler. You’ll need to drink 8-10 cups of water every day. Don’t chug-a-lug, either. Sip, at the rate of a ½ cup per every ½ hour. Be sure that water is the real thing – no bubbles, flavor or color.
5. Tea for you. Drink this Hot Detox tea daily, and sip it throughout the day:
½ a lemon, squeezed
2 tsp pure organic maple syrup
1/20 tablespoon cayenne pepper (more or less to taste)
10 oz. of hot water
Now I’ve given you the tools to get through the holidays. A short-term fix. When the New Year rolls around, how about resolving to move toward a more permanent solution?